EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
You can still register on-site (cash only) at the conference!
Thanks for your support. See you in August.
What is SIETAR JAPAN?
- The purpose of SIETAR JAPAN is to foster international and intercultural communication and co-operation through the promotion of intercultural education, training and research in Japan.
- In order to carry out the aims of the Society, the society will organize regular meetings and activities, publish newsletters, proceedings and journals, and engage in other activities decided by the Steering Committee.
- SIETAR JAPAN belongs to SIETAR Global Network and supports the same fundamental beliefs and goals, organizing activities independently.
SIETAR JAPAN will hold its 2018 SIETAR JAPAN World Congress.
◆Theme: Facing Uncertain Times Together: Strengthening Intercultural Connections
Date: August 8 (Wed.) – August 11 (Sat.), 2018
Venue: Chuo University Tama Campus, Tokyo.
- We have launched the Call for Papers for Issue #22 of the Journal of Intercultural Communication.
- The Japan Times has published an article about SIETAR Japan & the 2018 SIETAR Japan World Congress.
- Report of Workshop on May 21, 2018
- Report of Workshop on April 21, 2018
- Report of Workshop on January 19, 2018
- June Workshop ( June 4, 2018/“Knowing the Self, Touching the Other: Bodily Feelings as Intercultural Knowledge”) was posted.
- May No,2 Workshop ( May 21, 2018/“An Evening with Dr. Condon”) was posted.
- Retreat (March 3rd & 4th, 2018) was posted: SAVE THE DATES: SIETAR JAPAN Retreat March 3rd & 4th, 2018
- December Workshop ( December 2, 2017/““For the Bible Tells Me So” Documentary Film Viewing”) was posted.
- We have launched the Call for Papers for 2018 SIETAR JAPAN World Congress.
- Report of Workshop on October 15, 2017
- SIETAR JAPAN 32nd Annual Conference was successfully over. Thank you very much for all of your cooperation.
- Report of Workshop on September 22, 2017
- October Workshop ( October 15, 2017/“Hāfu2Hāfu（presentation and workshop）”) was posted.
- September Workshop ( September 22, 2017/“Intercultural Competence through Japanese Martial Arts– Working with Oneself and Others Thru Movement”) was posted.
- SIETAR JAPAN is co-sponsoring a mini conference on communicating across gender and culture, which will take place in September, in Shizuoka.
- We have launched the Call for Papers for Issue #21 of the Journal of Intercultural Communication.
- Report of Workshop on July 1, 2017
- Report of Workshop on May 20, 2017
- July Workshop ( July 1, 2017/“The challenges of global forced displacement – can the UN Refugee Agency cope?”) was posted.